My 16V RIP: con't, help!!

Thanks for responding.
Yeah, I'm leaning towards keeping the car.  Unless I find another rocco in
good condition for cheap around the NY, NJ, CT, etc area.
Help:    Who out there who knows of, or themselves, that is in the northeast
that is capable of doing the needed work on my 2L 16V?

**Come on folks, there has to be someone on this list that has a shop, or a
"premises", or a buddy, who has a shop that would want to work on a
scirocco.   Or take a weekend and bust out the jobs ourselves in a garage.
I'm in NYC, I can get to reasonable places.  It's either I can pay someone
on the list to help me out or I stay with these guys in NJ.        Need
Decisions, decisions, decisions

Rich
87 2L 16V