From: <Fly996@aol.com>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 28, 1999 7:34 PM
Subject: HEY WHAT KIND OF KIT

Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 22:55:59 -0700
From: Mike VanAmburgh <vwvr6r@fiber.net>
To: Scirocco <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Subject: Re: Scirocco at v_max - was : Porsche death in Toronto ...
Sender: Majordomo <majord@neubayern.net>

>I'm not one to put down fellow americans but when it comes to driving I
> think we could all learn something from the germans, thank you, let the flaming begin!

I hear ya!  I drove in Germany for 3 years and it's amazing how well
traffic flows there.  Of course there are traffic jams on the highways
here and there, but it's because there are just a lotta cars and nowhere
for them to go.  Here, in Utah anyway, traffic will jam up when there is
a cop sitting on the side of the road!  As soon as traffic passes the
cop, the traffic gets moving again.  People in the States just don't
realize STAY TO THE RIGHT!  Traffic would move so much better if people
would do just that.  People who hang out in the middle lane on a 3 lane
in the same direction highway are making the highway into 2 lanes by
leaving that far right lane empty.

Sorry for the worthless info, but I just had to say it.  It's just
amazing how well Germans communicate with each other when driving and I
wish we could see a lot more of that here in the States.

-Mike