Re: Changed man and questions

At 01:35 AM 2/28/99 -0500, you wrote:
>So my first question is, I have your basic set of tools now, but
>what other tools should I look in to getting soon?  Should i get a
>test-light, volt meter,etc....what?

If you want something like this, Sears has a Craftsman DMM(digital
multimeter). It is good for reading AC and DC volts, ohms, amps, and maybe
one or two other things. Its around $30, which seems like a good enough
price. I've had mine for over a year, and haven't had any problems with it.

 what do you all think, and what is the
>rough cost of these tools? thanks and be prepared for further questioning.

Here's a partial list of things I have. These are off the top of my head,
as they are the ones I use the most.

sockets 8-15,17,19,24mm 6pt.(my preference, 12 pt will do), spark plug
socket,deep well sockets(at least the 13mm). Also wheel nut socket(30 or
36mm?). A few extensions for the sockets, as well as a spare 3/8 ratchet. A
U-Joint type extension is pretty useful.

wrenches 8mm-15mm,17,19. I like having a set of both 6pt and 12 pt. I have
the combo style, with an open end and a box end.

Allen wrenches- set with up to 10mm. I like the ball end style, these can
be driven from an angle. Also a 17mm for the tranny drain plug. Hex driver
sockets are nice, but you should definitely get the wrenches first.

screwdriver set.

I have 2 and 4 ft. cheater bars for stubborn bolts.

8mm triple square, for CV drive bolts. I got a SnapOn one, after twisting
and destroying one I got from somewhere else.

Jackstands. Never do work under the car without them.

floor jack. These are much nicer to work with than the puny one that came
with the car.

carb cleaner, liquid wrench, and lots of shop towels.

HTH,
Brad