Re: Re: VW Scirocco 1 Beef

>VW still makes the Beetle (hecho en mexico - a phrase every A3 owner
will be
>familiar with!) so I would assume Beetle parts would still be widely
>available, however with Roccos being made into the 90's in Europe and
the
>Cabriolet going until 92 or 93 in the US many parts will be available
for a
>while yet.  Or am I just being naive?
>
>Ian

Ehhh, FWIW, You can't bring the REAL-Beetle (not new-beetle) parts in
thru VW at all. My friend is parts manager at VW and he tried to get
front fenders. No dice.

There are a few companies that are importing motors (expensive) and
another that puts all the new factory components on restored 70's pans
(also expensive) so you have a new car... But VW draws some pretty solid
lines as to what parts can go where...

CHRIS CHEMIDLIN
http://www.spredhaus.com
http://www.angelfire.com/nj/spredhaus