Fwd: decisions decisions....

Ok, here is another question

I found an 89 GTi 16v last night with 50K on the clock for a pretty
decent price. (like 2500 below book)

What is the weight difference between the Rocco's & the golfs?  I like
the looks of the rocco's, but the golfs are def. NOT bad looking cars
either....  Theoretically, shouldn't a 16vGolf be faster than a 16v
Rocco?

This guy is raising his price on his Rocco, and all of a sudden it has
a "minor" A/C problem... and this golf has 100Kml less for only a
little more....

decisions decisions... I have to e-mail this stuff to yo guys 'cuz my
girlfriend is SICK of hearing about it ;)

Mark
87 Westy
84 8v (soon to be forsale)

The Golf GTI 16V is slower than the Scirocco 16V for two reasons:

1) Its at least 100 pounds heavier
2) The Scirocco is more aerodynamic, so on the top end, it will have a pronounced advantage.

The 2.0 16V GTI in the U.S. (1990-1992)was able to achieve 0-60 times of 7.8 - about the same as the Scirocco 16V.

Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S
1982 Scirocco
1987 Golf GT