Re: 2.0L engine

wow, lookit me, i'm a fountain of knowledge tonight...

	i've got a 2L 16V motor with a bit of head work in my mk1 jetta, and
the f*cker screams!  it ain't no 5.0 eater (well, guess that depends on
who's driving the 5.0), but it holds it's own well enuff.

	the extra 11hp to be had from a 2L over a 1.8 is well worth it.  why?
cuz 11hp is 11hp.  :)pretty stoopid, huh?  i dunno about you, but every
horse counts.  plus, all mods done to the 2.0 will give you that much
more power in the end.

	i initially had the 2.0 in my 16V rocco, but the motor decided to rip
its way thru the front crossmember and i had everything swapped into
thet jetta.  while it was in the roc, and even now in the "sciretta",
there's never been any issues wrt fitting the motor in.  it all slapped
right in there with  nary a problem.  the head and above are all
originally from the rocco.  the bottom end was sourced from a shop that
told me that it came from a GTI...or was that a passat?  aw hell, they
all the same, anyway.  nuff said

jason
the mad bastard