16v ->mk1 exhaust help and VR6 help

ran into a possible stumper here today and didnt want to find out if
i was right or wrong considering i have no exhaust gaskets...

when swapping in a 16v engine into an mk1, what kind of exhaust
options are there? will a stock 16v downpipe and cat line up
correctly? will a techtonis 16v racing downpipe fit? do any headers
fit?

also had a mechanic call me and say "I have a mk2 scirocco, i have a
VR6 engine, I will be making one car"..so can anyone point me to any
good pictures of that yellow beast or put me in touch with him or any
shop that maybe has done it already. This mechanic is damn good and
he'a dead serious about this conversion.

Ryan