RE: HID lighting

> > if i'm not mistaken, i think you'll need TWO of those control units if
> you
> > want 4 lights.
>
>    From my understanding its one control unit with each kit, and each
> bulb is of the shielded or unshielded, so you would actually have to buy
> 4 kits if you
> wanted to run Quad H4 lenses with the outers having the shielded bulb,
> and
> the inner having the unshielded.
>
>    The way I figure it is this, who cares what your high beams look
> like.  Just buy 2 kits and plop the shielded bulbs into your H4s, and
> then go out and get some massivly high wattage (100+ watts) for your H1s
> or H3s and do the relay/jumper mods and you will have plenty of light on
> highbeam.  All you would really want is better lows anyways...  But
> thats just my opinion...

actually, yeah, come to think of it, they'd be better on the lows...  but,
as you say, you would need one for each light, that comes to about 800 bucks
or so?  eek, i'm going to wait, or maybe find one in junk yard?  you think
those junk yard people know what these are?  say you find a wrecked lexus,
MB, or some other car (i know some american cars have them too), and yank
the control unit from it.  i'm sure it would be much cheaper than a new one.
just a thought..

chris
86 16V scirocco