Re: wanted: 16v rear brake calipers

>I've bought rebuilt units at Pep Boys, several times actually.  The
>brakes usually work fine, it's the parking brake that wears out eventually.
>I think I'm on my 7th rebuilt caliper (counting both sides) in the 6 years
>I've had the car.  Now that does count going through 3 different rebuilt
>units looking for a combination where both the parking brake _and_ the
>piston worked.  I'm replacing another one this weekend due to yet another
>non-working parking brake.  The cost is about $115 + $75 core charge.
>
>==Brett

Hmm, I guess the $80.00 I was quoted at my local parts store isn't all that
bad now.  Thanks, I don't need to ask if it's a good price.

John Worden
Old Town, ME.
 '98  Dakota cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Intense Blue,
 '84  Scirocco (under construction) Brakes and Suspension currently
 '69  MGB Roadster(in need of restoration)