Re: wanted: 16v rear brake calipers

---Neal Tovsen <ntovsen@piper.hamline.edu> wrote:

> The driver's side rear caliper froze on my car. Fortunately I noticed it
> before it totally ruined my rotor. Anybody got a working one laying
> around or know where to get a good deal on one?
>
> Neal

I've bought rebuilt units at Pep Boys, several times actually.  The
brakes usually work fine, it's the parking brake that wears out eventually.
I think I'm on my 7th rebuilt caliper (counting both sides) in the 6 years
I've had the car.  Now that does count going through 3 different rebuilt
units looking for a combination where both the parking brake _and_ the
piston worked.  I'm replacing another one this weekend due to yet another
non-working parking brake.  The cost is about $115 + $75 core charge.

==Brett