Re: [tech] Radio/ Amp

Just for clarification - when you wire radio to amp, and the car is
on, you get feedback (or whatever you want to call it) but when you
wire portable CD to amp & have no radio hooked up while car is on you
have no feedback.

Yah - that is radio - probably a ground problem - I deleted your first
post (whoops)
Are you grounded into the fuse box, a wire from some other electrical
source, or just into a bolt?  I had a friend that inadvertently
grounded to the transmission housing in a roundabout sort of way, and
got the same (assuming) feedback type sound.. whined when you reved
the engine, etc.
The best source for ground (in my limited experience) is to tap into
an existing ground wire that grounds the "key in lock" circuit or
something to that effect.

You can pick up a filter that will take out most engine noise from
radio shack too, but that is a band-aid, not a fix.

BTW - I never said thanks for the posters - those KICK ASS!!!  I
mounted all 3 of them, and gave them to friends who were equally
thrilled to get them!  It adorns my wall right next to the "star wars
- episode one teaser poster" :)

"Everyone was Kung-Fu Fighting.. Those cats were fast as lightning.."

> >Chris,
> >
> >It sounds like you have most things in order. The one thing that
> stands=
> > out to me is you have the amp Pos lead to the fuse box. I know it
is
> no=
> >t the most powerful amp, but I would wire the Pos straight to the
> Batter=
> >y (with in-line fuse). Also ground the amp with a wire, not mounting
> scr=
> >ews. Also make sure the speaker wires from the amp do not run next
> th=
> >e power cable.
> >
> >Hope that helps
> >

> >mark hausler
>
> Mark,
> Actually, I tried running the wire direct to the battery with no
luck.
> The part that is most confusing is- when you unplug the RCAs and
plug in
> a portable CD player, it works great!
> I'm begining to thing that its a radio problem.
>
> Maybe Ill try the pullout that Mark Mages gave me....
>

> Thanks for replying, tho!
>

> CHRIS CHEMIDLIN
> http://www.spredhaus.com
> http://www.angelfire.com/nj/spredhaus