Re: Scirocco vs. GTi

Well, this is a very inexperienced person responding, but i guess
one of the major thoughts is that the scirocco (which is on the A1
chasis) is lighter, but the GTi is built on the A2 chasis which i have
heard(so please don't attack  me, i am just trying to impart what
little i may or may not know :) would handle better.  From personal
expereince my 86 scirocco 8 valve, while a very competent handler
(it's stock) does not handle any where near as well as my mom's
85 jetta GLI(and to top it off, my scirocco has 148,000 miles, and
her GLI has a little over 700,000 miles on it.)
so there is what i know  :)
HTH,
Rob Luhrs