Re: Binding Main Bearings

In a message dated 2/22/99 7:57:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
skerocdriver@juno.com writes:

<< Better check the old bearing to find
 out what size it was and then compare it to the bearing you have in there
 now.  >>
Or.... did you use plastiguage to check the clearance once you put the
bearings in?  That's a must as far as I'm concerned.  I had a machine shop mic
the crankshaft for me the last time I rebuilt one and I checked the bearings
anywho with platiguage when i was reinstalling.  The sizes were perfect but I
don't think you can be too careful when rebuilding.  HTH
Dan May
8716VScirocco
91PassatWagon(oh the fun continues)
95.5Tacoma4x4