RE: Digifant any good w/ a turbo? (vs. CIS-E)

> I was thinking of how the supercharged corrado used digifant, and
> wondering
> if there was any good reason for them doing so. I have a callaway
> scirocco (gooo
> turbo!), but it was put together before there were any good engine
> control
> systems. I was thinking of installing the cis-e from another VW, but
> if digifant
> has some benefits, I'll consider it...

i don't think this answers your question exactly, but the digifant that
came on the corrado is different than the 1st digifant that came on the
cabby and golf.  i'm not sure of the years, i think the corrado system
is called digifant II, while the first system is called just digifant or
digifant I.  the 1st system is the one people always gripe about and the
2nd gen. digifant is much better (this is just from what i've heard, i
haven't had personal experience with either one.)

chris
86 16V scirocco