Re: Smaller side markers

Pete Jacobsen wrote:

> I'm trying to find those smaller yellow side markers used on the newer
> european cars... wondering if I can get them from a vdub shop or at a
> scrap yard? I'm gonna tear off the existing (tinted) rear side markers
> on my Mk1 and fit in some front markers on the front fenders. I know
> Andre has done this, anyone else?

   Are you taling smaller side markers than what I have, or are you
  talking about the exact ones I have?  I have some Hella brand, I
  think these are the most common ones.  You can see a good pic of
  them at

     http://effervescent.com/vw/pics/BC_Cruise/P0000092.JPG

  The ones I have are fairly cheap, I think you can find them from
  most Vdub shops at around 30 bucks.  Comes complete with wiring,
  bulbs, boots, and connectors.  And instructions.  If you do choose
  that kit, DO NOT make the big hole as big as they ahve it in the
  instructions.  If you do, then the light will flop around.  Maybe
  they figured it out and changed it, but I figure I just warn you.

  As for your rear markers, since you are removing them, are you then
  painting the car or something?  =p   How about Burnt orange?  =p