Re: Stainless brake lines

I'll throw in my 2 cents on this one...

I had thought about the stainless steel lines, but had heard the stories
about them bursting.  The main complaint was that very small grainuals of
sand would get in them, and eventually rub a hole in the rubber line
inside the steel braid.  So, I stayed away from them, but had had thoughts
about buying a set and using shrink tubing to seal them.  But, low and
behold, I got this months EC, and New Dimensions is now selling my
idea...here is the ad:

"ND has designed new brake line kits that use soft carbon look rubber
hosing to encase our DOT stainless steel lines...."

Goes on to talk about DOT aproval and TUV certification and a "Forever
Gaurantee"

No this is the kit I'm buying...I could live without the carbon "look"
crap, but hell, these lines have to probably be the safest design out
there.

4 line kits are advertised for $130...

Maybe Potterman could get us a better deal?

Eric