Re: [gti-vr6] GS-R vs. GTI VR6

actually the new GTi are slower, but that doesnt surprise me. most
all VWs have such short first and second gears that all of them are
practically nose to nose untill 50mph. Using a stock clutch and diff.
that is.. now, if you were to race him to 100mph (end of 3rd) he'd
smoke your poor lilly ass.

my 1.8 16v would often beat 200hp and 200hp Corrados and Gtis off the
line, untill they hit 3rd gear that is....then i was a distant blur.
If you have 150+hp you will be able to hang with them the whole time
in a stripped down rocco because they weight 1000lbs more than your
car does.

Ryan
..i just don't see why you were surprised, were you expecing a 300hp
GTi?