Re: [gti-vr6] GS-R vs. GTI VR6

NJCycleGuy@aol.com wrote:

> To everyone on the list who thinks the newer gen GS-R's are faster than GTI
> VR6's, I have some news for you..

Well I had a chance to run one in my 'rocco last night.  My neighbor has one.
He and I were leaving home at the same time and wound up on a fairly open
multilane road nearby, at a red light.  We looked at each other and the
race was on.  1st heat - no winner, we were dead even.  Ran only up to about
50 mph.  Stopped at next light and went one more time.. I missed second gear
(didn't grind it or piss-rev it, thankfully) but again we were even through
first.

Now don't get me wrong, my 'rocco is VERY quick, but this surprised me - I
expected that thing to have more.  And this guy DOES know how to drive, he's
a very heavy hitter on the auto-x scene down here.

Where's the 1.8t A4 GTI??  I sure hope that isn't just a rumour...

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA