Re: West Coast Metric

>Hey All,

>	annnnnnyway.........   Does anyone know of another company that
>stocks the kind of Scirocco parts that West Coast Metro used to (trim
>pieces, rubber door/window seals, misc. restoration parts).  It seems that
>they have abandoned us water-heads.  Thanks in advance, fellow cool-ass
>Scirocco drivers.
>

>Jason Bianchi ......................NC

Welcome out of the darkness of lurking! :)  You may or may not like
this answer, but it's the truth:  your local VW dealer.  Yep.  They
have _every_ part on a Scirocco.  In fact, in jest I happen to ask
them the last time I was there if I could concievably put together a
1999 Scirocco 16v by ordering parts, the answer:  Yes.  WCM was only
reselling dealer supplied pieces anyway, at a higher price then the
dealer.  Nice for that, eh? ;)

This situation will not last.  In fact, things may be becoming more
difficult to get very soon.  Since the last offical models in the USA
were 1988 models, and VW is only obligied to support the car for 10 years
after, which would be last year.  Fortunately, the Scirocco was sold
in Europe through 1992, which might give all of us a breather until
2002.  Whatever...stock up now. :)

==Brett