Re: Weber Carbs on a UK Scirocco GT

'K fine, but what does watercooled have to do with it?   The thermostat
I was referring to is a coiled bi-metalic strip which expands and
contracts to ambient and conducted temperature.   It doesn't actually
have anything to do with water temp.   Can you clarify this for me?   Do
Webers have such a thermostat coil?

We be talking Weber carbs, which AFAIK, never came on a W/C VW.