Re: Hood-popper question

Pete Jacobsen wrote:

> I've been trying to figure out a way to relocate the hood pulley device
> under the driver's dash in my 1980 rocco. I'm fitting a nice new pair of
> MB Quarts down there and was thinking of building kickpanels right about
> where the lever is... Could I just rebolt it somewhere else? I assume if
> I keep the same tension it would be no problem? What's does a motorized
> hood-opener run me?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Pete
> Silver Scirocco GTI

While in the auto parts store, I have seen T handle hood opener sets.
Looks like something for a Ford truck or something. I'm thinking an
angle iron bracket could be fashioned to mount one of these type handles
just under the lower edge of the dash, with it turned 90 degrees to the
horizontal.

The other brainstorm I just had was to relocate the existing handle
through the use of a pulley, (Marine shop for high quality equipment),
and put the handle up a bit and farther back towards the driver. Prob
need to extend the cable a piece.

hth,
TBerk