Fwd: Hood-popper question

>I've been trying to figure out a way to relocate the hood pulley device
>under the driver's dash in my 1980 rocco. I'm fitting a nice new pair
of
>MB Quarts down there and was thinking of building kickpanels right
about
>where the lever is... Could I just rebolt it somewhere else? I assume
if
>I keep the same tension it would be no problem? What's does a motorized
>hood-opener run me?
>

>Thanks in advance,
>
>Pete
>Silver Scirocco GTI

I don't see why you could not relocate the cable. You may have to buy a
different cable though as you may need more length. Since the hood
release is approached from the driver's side, you'll either have to come
back on that side (as it is now) or do some kind of loop if you want to
run it on the pass side. I suggest bolting the inside part to metal, as
this can require more force than plastic will probably bear.

As for electric, It could be done, but I would'nt (manual works great!)

Good luck!

Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S
1982 Scirocco