SV: Scirocco jacking points

First thing I do before jacking car is place a soft rubber or
wood piece on the jack to prevent steel against the car. For
back end I lift at the trailing arm bushing (one side is enough
on my car at least) and front under gearbox. So far so good

Roland Johansson
Scirocco 1,6l TIC -82
Http://hem.passagen.se/toker

> Daun,
>
> Thanks for the info.  I agree with you on the rust thing, it's
the same over
> here at this time of year, roads saturated with salt.
> I'm not to sure about using the trailing beam as a jack point,
I'm sorely
> tempted but my Haynes manual advises against it.  Other
listers and my
> manual (Haynes & VW) suggest using the sills but this results
in the
> problems you have mentioned plus the fact that its way too
easy to damage
> the body kit on the sills.
> Any other views on this anyone?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jonathan
> Scirocco GTII '90
> Triumph Spitfire '77
>
> >In my opinion, the best place to jack the Scirocco is by the
small round
> >jack pads (front) and the trailing beam (rear).  My theory is
that using
> >the jack points on the sills tends to promote rust,
especially on the Mk