Fwd: Re: Scirocco jacking points

><snip>
>
>>I'm not to sure about using the trailing beam as a jack point, I'm
>sorely
>>tempted but my Haynes manual advises against it.  Other listers and my
>>manual (Haynes & VW) suggest using the sills but this results in the
>>problems you have mentioned plus the fact that its way too easy to
>damage
>>the body kit on the sills.
>>Any other views on this anyone?
>>
>I figure that if the dealer I generally deal with uses the trailing
>beam, it can't be all bad.  I can't really see the harm in it.
>
>Daun

FWIW, I've been using the trailing arm (the little square "knob"
directly in front of the "cross member" for over twenty years - I've
never had a problem.

On the front, I use one of the two "fork prongs" that the front of the
control arm ia bolted to.

I use only floor jacks on my car.

Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S