Re: [Funky tech] Lighting: 5th relay?

> OH!   I got it.  Chris just sent me a similar post.  Let me know if I truly
> got it!

   Now you get it??  =p  Sorry, couldn't resist  =p

> So I should run a jumper wire between the terminals 86 of both low beams
> relays.  Tap into this jumper wire with a wire that leads from my toggle
> switch.  Also from toggle switch is 12V+  wire with in-line fuse.  Is it
> okay if I use the 15Amp, or should I throw in a 5 amp?

   Well, to use minimal amount of wire, you only need to tap into the
power source that
  goes into the high beam flasher switch on the stalk.  Run a jumper off
that power wire
  (keep in mind this power wire is after the main light switch on the
dash) and take it   to a toggle switch.  Make sure to use inline fuse
here because up to this point I dont
  believe power for the headlights are fused.  The only purpose of the
high beam stalk    is to change from low beam to high beam (okay okay,
and to flash oncoming cars when   the lights are off) so you simply need
to make the connection from the power before
  the high beam flasher, to the wire after the high beam flasher.  2
wires going in,     2 wires going out, low and high.  Put your toggle
between the input wire that is     switched from the main headlight
swith power, and the low beam output.  I did this      with mine, but
with no switch, just a jumper.  In this case, when the lights are off,
the main headlight switch does not provide power so no headlight.  When
switched on
  the operation of the headlights are normal, if the toggle is on, you
get low beams,
  and if the toggle is off you get low beams.  Once the high is on, with
toggle on or
  off, well you can figure it out from there =p  WHEW, did I lose ya?  I
am goign to
  scan a pic of the wiring diagram for you tonight, thanks to Tim Ebling
and his   Bentley.  I will post it on Bradley Peetes site tonight around
midnight with my   comments thrown in there.  Hope that helps out...

> What is that thing at the end?  a smiley face??

   Nope, its Sylvester Stallone  =p