Stripping Paint of Skirt Kit

Hey All!

Okay, this is the scoop. I bring my Skirt Kit to
someone I know to get it painted, figuring he can
set me up with a deal at the local bodyshop. I was
thinking something like $75. He calls me and tells
me that's it's going to be over $300 because he has
to strip the old paint off. Now here's my question;
Is there a simple way to take the paint off without
sanding? Is there a type of goo substance that removes
paint? If I do have to sand it, what will I need? (Type
of paper, accessories)I figure I'll take the old paint
off myself, and then have him spray it. Any help whatsoever would be
greatly appreciated!

Thanks

==
Paul Maione (Rump Rocker)