RE: [Engine - Motor Mounts] was: Scirocco recall

I just did my pass. side mount the other day. I drenched both ends of the
main mount bolt with Liquid Wrench a couple days in advance...it ended up
being the easiest bolt in the whole project!

There was one allen-head bolt on the upper-left corner of the mount that was
too close to the fender to get my allen wrench into. I took a decent-quality
allen key and cut it down with a dremel tool (get a fiberglass cutting
wheel, not the cheap emery ones), which worked great. As a make-shift
breaker-bar, I tightly clamped a large pair of vise grip pliers to the
wrench, extending it about 2 1/2 times longer than the wrench and giving me
more to grab on to. No problem!

Finally, GET THE PRE-PRESSED MOUNT!!!! In case you missed my posts the other
day, I initially had some trouble when I had the dealer press it for me.
Turns out they didn't know how to do it...even they use pre-pressed mounts!
It's worth the extra money!

Good Luck
Neal