------------------------------
Date: 2/17/99 12:36 PM
To: Fenton, Shannon
From: Daniels, Kurtis

so i was at the garage the other day, getting the new fuel pump installed
and the mechanic see's a coolant leak, and decides to tighten up the hose,
well he ends up busting the flage of some very corroded sensor...he says
that it is for the computer to tell it not to listen to the O2 sensor until
a certain temp....that was beleivable enough....my question is, is there
anything bad that can happen with the sensor not there anymore??? cause
what he ended up doing was just putting in a flush tee in place of the
sensor taking it out of the loop...i've got an 82 scirooco....and the said
sensor is on the right hand side of the engine looking at it from the
front....down about half way or so on the cylinder head....
any info would be of much help...thanks.
~kurt
'82 scirocco
'82 scirocco (dead)
'90 corrado G60 (hibernating)