RE: temp. sensor???

On Wednesday, February 17, 1999 10:37 AM, Kurtis Daniels
[SMTP:alder1@nycap.rr.com] wrote:
> so i was at the garage the other day, getting the new fuel pump installed
> and the mechanic see's a coolant leak, and decides to tighten up the
hose,
> well he ends up busting the flage of some very corroded sensor...he says
> that it is for the computer to tell it not to listen to the O2 sensor
until
> a certain temp....that was beleivable enough....my question is, is there
> anything bad that can happen with the sensor not there anymore??? cause
> what he ended up doing was just putting in a flush tee in place of the
> sensor taking it out of the loop...i've got an 82 scirooco....and the
said
> sensor is on the right hand side of the engine looking at it from the
> front....down about half way or so on the cylinder head....
> any info would be of much help...thanks.
> ~kurt
> '82 scirocco
> '82 scirocco (dead)
> '90 corrado G60 (hibernating)

So let me get his straight....this mekanic busts off a major electrical
connector for the fuel computer and tells you it's no big deal

Time for a new mechanic and you need to get his lazy ass on the stick and
replace the part he broke......

With the disconnected you will have a rougher startup because the oxy
sensor will be trying to lean out the mixture in your stone cold motor.

Brian Honnold
'78 Rocco Ragtop