Re: [tech] [gas tank] pre-transfer pump tanks [FI]

>The way I would do it is to yank the fuel inlet off of the pump and
>drain the tank into a bucket.
>It sounded like Ewan was mentioning the filler inlet hose, I'm thinking
>the "out to pump" hose would be the lowest point possible.

the problem with doing it like that is that the fuel lifter sits in one
place only - the chances of getting all the muck out would be pretty low
I would have thought.  If you take the lifter out of the top of the tank
and disconnect the filler inlet you can wash out the debris with
degreaser & water.  As long as you can get rid of the water & then rinse
out with plenty of petrol it should be OK.  By the look of the inside of
my own tank,  which has 14 years of sediment in it, even just draining
and washing out with plenty of clean petrol, to get rid of the loose
stuff, would be pretty good.
HTH.

Ewan Hopkins...

'85 Storm 2.0