Fwd: Re: Oil Pressure Survey/ clicking valves

At 02:07 PM 2/16/99 -0500, Victor Farren wrote:
>>doesn't the clicking valves indicate the you need to adjust your
valves (those w/ solid head engines)?

>>I get a clicking noise when I first start the car and there is little
oil in the head, but I am pretty sure my oil pressure is fine, so I
think this indicates that it is time to adjust the valves.  I am going
to put in a G-grind soon, so I will be doing this anyway.  I expect the
clicking noise to go away after I do this.

>I am almost certain the 16V has hydraulic lifters.
>

>Dan Brideau
>http://www.hobbyetc.com/scirocco

Yes, all VW 16V heads use hydraulic lifters.

Mark Peele
Anti-Christ in training