Re: rpm's shot up w/defogger on?

>>I turned on the front defrost/defogger to get rid of fogged windows,
>>not the heat, and the rpms went from idle 900 to 1800rpms constant.
>>What's this all about?  I turn it to heat, it's okay.  Back to defrost,
>the =
>>idle went shooting up again.  The car does have a/c, but most likely
>>not charged.   All was fine before.  First time this happened.   TIA

Hey Rich,
	Simple problem, easy fix.
	The Defrost position switches on the AC compressor.
	If the idle switch on top of the throttle body is not working properly (or
if you have your foot a tiny bit on the gas), the car will jump to 1800
with the A/C.  It's probably something VW put in there to give the car
extra gas when you're starting off with the A/C on, so it doesn't feel as
sluggish.

	Go outside and make sure that the switch is engaged when you take your
foot completely off the gas.  If not, adjust the cable so it does.

	Mine was adjusted properly, but the switch itself was only working
intrermittently.  A couple seconds under the WD-40 spray, and it's been
fine since.  I am assuming is just got too dirty to work.

	This will fix yours as well...

Jason