Re: climate controls

<snipperooney>

>     My climate controls do not like to correspond to their labels.  For
> instance my heat is defrost, and vent covers about two places.  I need to
> dissect it, but I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience.  And
> maybe knew how to fix it easily.

Mine did this in my '81, and I took the controls apart and adjusted
a little slider thing back there.  It's impossible to describe (well, for
me, anyway), but if you take yours apart and fiddle with it, you'll
see what I mean.

The trouble is, the fix doesn't seem to stick.  It worked for a little
while, then went back to being vague again, and I just gave up.  It's
worth the aggravation once or twice, but that's it.

> It is really annoying having to fiddle
> every morning trying to find the magic spot that might be defrost, or even
> the heat.  Thanks...

Yes, it is.  I'd really like to find a set of heater controls that I could
transplant into my car.

This brings up a question:  Has anyone ever converted their heater
controls to cable actuation?  It seems to me that would be more
reliable than vacuum.

Carlyle