motor mounts

OK, after investigating more closely, I've decided that I'll have to take
the car to a VW service center to replace the motor mounts.  This is
because I'm in school, this is my only car, and I just had a near-death
experience with the front driver-side wheel nearly flying off the car at
rush hour (somehow the rotor bolt holes became enlongated..odd).

I took a look back through old emails to the list, and heard that the
TechTonics mounts are better than the OEM ones?  Is this true? Or should I
stick with original equipment?

Like I said, if there is are better mounts out there, I'll buy them in
advance and give them to the VW servicers to install.. otherwise I'll have
them order the OEM ones.

Also, I have several hoses which have either hardend, or in some cases
cracked (we had a few bruital seasons last couple years)... so I'm having
them replace all the oil, water and vacuum hoses at the same time.  Is
there anything I should be concerned about when this takes place. And/or
any performance upgrades that would be wise to take care of now?

Just a side note:  my A/C is in bad shape (creates vibrations when
compressor is activated, and engine boggs down considerably.. possibly bad
bearings).. and cold start is a hell (possibly warm-up regulator...  extra
grounds didnt work)

Thank you for any info.

-Aaron
 83 8V