Re: wheels

---Ian <e@sbbs.se> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if the wheels in this picture have a name? or if I can
> get the little center black VW cap that's missing on one of them from
> Mike, Mark or a stealership?
>
> thanks
> Ian
>
> the picture is at
> http://members.tripod.com/vw4bangers/images/image1.jpg

I believe that the common name for these to be the Tarantula rims. Look
at the one on top of the pile, see how all the spokes are bent up like a
spiders legs with the middle depressed down?  They're commonly found
stock on mid eighties Sciroccos.  Both my 84 and 85 have them. They
are sized at 13x5.5.  Junk yarding should turn up a set with the little
black center caps, oh you might also be able to use the black center
cap from the 83/84 GTI rims (what's the name for those ones again...?)

==Brett