RE: Lightened flywheels?

HA!  sorry Owen!!  i responded to the wrong one.  (hit the sort by
subject button...)  these damn computers....  oh well.

i got one.  i love it.  i really think this is one of the best mods you
can do.  you get great acceleration through the lower gears, the engine
spools up faster which allows you to match revs quicker when down
shifting, and the revs drop quicker which allows for quicker upshifting.
only drawback (if you can even call it that) is that it requires a
little more throttle modulation when taking off in first, but you get
used to it quickly and it's not noticeable now.  i can't see it
decreasing clutch life at all.  although you hear that you have to slip
the clutch more, that isn't the case.  you have to keep the revs up with
the throttle instead of the inertia of the flywheel when starting in
first, but you have the same amount of slippage.  there was no
difference in vibration, and contrary to shawns experience, i noticed no
difference in my idle at all.  i say go for it.

chris
86 16V scirocco