Re: drive ratio (was Scirocco S colors)

Ryan Schuermann wrote:
> hey i'll tkae that lower drive ratio whatever, i get 32 MILES/GALLON
> !!!! man this is like too cool! coming off a 16v w/ close ratio and
> getting 23 mpg I'm making a mint driving to work and back now!

And your point is......?

My "high ratio" 79 Scirocco gets 28-30 mpg in commuting
and up to 35 on the highway.  Sounds like the problem
was not your drivetrain in the 16V.  23 mpg is pretty
low for a 1.8 liter anything.   It also does not seem
plausible that a 16% reduction in engine revs will give
you a 28% increase in fuel economy.

Then again, YMMV.

Mark