Re: stupid newbie questions....

Personally, I liked the way my 8V performs with 20-50 wt oil (I
don't use synthetic, by the way).  In fact, I use Castrol 20-50.
Now, if it gets below freezing, this can make for a hard start, so
this winter I decided to change over to 10-40, just for the cold
months.  I can't say this is the way to go, it just hasn't gotten
that cold here in the NW this winter--and--a VW mechanic mentioned
that he absolutely would not recommend 10-40 wt ever, preferring
30 wt and noting that "Volkswagens just seem to love 30wt".  I
immediately switched to 30wt but this spring I'm going back to
20-50--I swear I can notice a difference, but more to the point,
this 30 wt sure gets dirty quicker.  Maybe that's a good thing, as
long I change the oil every 2000 miles, I don't know.  I just know
the Castrol 20-50 stayed clean a lot longer.  Anyone else have any
input here?

Jennifer

----------
| From: Jorel Jackson <kondor77@hotmail.com>
| To: stimpy@busprod.com
| Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
| Subject: Re: stupid newbie questions....
| Date: Saturday, February 06, 1999 5:19 PM
|

| >Hey folks...
| >
| >I'm new to the list and scirocco ownership and I've got a
couple of
| stupid
| >questions.
| >
| >I've got an 87 16v completely stock.
| >
| >1.  Is it normal for the engine power to start at 3000 rpms?
Don't