Re: Lightened flywheels?

>Is anyone familiar with any lightened flywheels on the market?  If such a
>creature doesn't exist, has anyone ever turned theirs to lighten it?  I'm
>just wondering how this would help the "revability" of the engine, how it
>would affect idle, etc etc.
>
>Any input is appreciated
>
>	-David LeDeaux

During my 2L 16v rebuild, I had my machine shop guys lighten my flywheel,
using the same approach that Velocity does:  machine the entire weight
ring away. :)  Then I had the whole thing balanced, with the flywheel
attached to the pressure plate which was bolted to the crank.  Should
be one smooth fast mofo. :-)  I talked with a few people who have a
lightened flywheel, the consensus was go for it.

==Brett