Re: 87 Scirocco

>Hi everyone, I'm new to the list (today) and have just bought an 87
>Scirocco 4 cyl (none 16v).  I was wondering if anyone could advise a
>mechanically challenged person what to keep an eye on, ie belts, oil
>leaks, filters, ect.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Craig Moore

Well Craig, welcome to the list!  It's very busy, and we're fairly
patient with newbie questions even. :)  Am I to understand that you
have an 87 8v?  How many miles does it have?  I'm sure we could come
up with plenty of things that you should look into as far as the
engine and chassis go.  Have you done a complete tune up and filter
replacement?  Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel & air filters, oil
change, check timing, check vacuum lines, check suspension
bushings and shocks/struts...here's the first thing I'd suggest:
get the robert bentley manual for your car if you're going to be
checking it and working on it yourself.  surf on over to one of
our two favorite parts suppliers (mark@adirondak auto brokers, web
site: www.germanautoparts.com, and mike@virtual world parts, web
site: www.parts4vws.com)  They'll set you up with a manual and
any replacement parts you'll ever need, less expensive and higher
quality then the local parts place, guaranteed.

Anyway, kick back and stay awhile, enjoy the view...

==Brett