Re: Small scratches from rocks

At 8:49 am -0500 10/2/99, Tyler Chamberlain wrote:
>Is it normal to get scratches along the rear of the car because of what
>I assume are rocks that are thrown up from the front tires? It seems
>like it would be a big problem due to how much the tire sticks out. Is
>this normal for an '87 16v? Should I put some sort of mud flaps to
>protect against this?
>Thanks.

I get the same sort of thing - the clearcoat on the leading edge of the
body kit at the front of each rear wheel is getting eaten away.  I noticed
that some 8v cars have a piece of black plastic or something here... I
don't know what the fix is for 16v owners.  No way in hell am I running
mudflaps...