Re: Konig rims [sorta long]

>>My only complaint is that the wheels aren't easy to clean, but it's a
small
price to pay.
The other problem I've had is the I got the new wheel bolts from discount
Tire direct(the VW bolts dont work, they're a ball seat, Konigs need
tapered), they were 'Gorilla" brand and on the first set I broke about 8
lug bolts until I called and they sent me out a new set on which I
proceded
to break 2 more. finally I had to go to Off road Warehouse and get a set
of
>>wheel Studs/lug nuts for a Beetle which I've had no problems with.

I ordered my wheels (advanti racing power's) from Discount tire direct as
well. They too sent me the wrong set of lug nuts FIVE times.  The 4th time
I called and said that there wasn't enough thread on the lugs and were
that they sure that theses were the right lugs.  They guaranteed that they
were so i put them on.  About 2 weeks later, my damn driver side front
wheel falls of while driving at about 30 MPH.  Cracked up my fender and
shaved the rotor down.  discount tire claimed that it wasn't their fault
and that those were the right lugs.  After weeks of complaining, they
finally realized that they were indeed the wrong lug nuts and they finally
sent me the right ones.  They also finally after much haggling, paid for
the damage.  Just thought I'd share as it seemed somewhat related.

Rich Deede
University Of Delaware (Communications)
1987 Scirocco 16v