Fwd: euro bumpers

=
>are there good sturdy ones that are nice and solid.. and then cheaper =
>ones?  I want to get some of these bumpers and although I know they
will =
>not give me the same protection as the American (bigger than hell) =
>bumpers, I'm hoping they won't be these flimsy things like the rabbit =
>euro bumpers or the aftermarket big bumpers you can buy for A2 =
>golf/jetta.
>also, how much am I looking at to buy a set of these.
>places to buy them?
>thanks,
>
>Mark

If you think the bumpers are going to "protect" you in a real accident -
think again. Our cars have a front and rear crumple zone that is
designed to absorb the impact of a real crash. The bumpers simply move
along with the sheet metal here. The purpose of bumpers is to provide
protection in parking lot accidents.

The retarded 5mph law was rescinded - it is now 2.5mph. VW stuck with
the big bumpers after the law was rescinded - probably cuz the euros did
not quite meet the 2.5 mph law.

Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S
1982 Scirocco