Re: tranny fix

---adamsdr@us.ibm.com wrote:

> I have a close ratio tranny I wanted to do the self-machining failure fix
> on, has anyone done this and can give me some advice? It may be more
> involved than I can deal with right now...   maybe I should find a shop....
> does it take a complete tear-down of the tranny?

> -DA

Have someone else do it.  To prevent self-machining, the ring and pinion
rivets need to be replaced by a bolt kit, and the pinion shaft retaining 'big-
head' rivets are replaced with a couple of circlips.  Both of these items
can be had from Adirondak or Virtual World.  While you're in there, replace
the 1st & 2nd gear syncros as those take more of a beating then any of
the others...well maybe 3rd too... :)

==Brett