Re: [16v tech] timing belt tensioner

ntovsen@piper.hamline.edu writes:

<< I've got the
 tensioner with the off-center nut that requires a wrench with two pins on it
 to pivot it to adjust the belt tension. I've been to Sears, PepBoys, and a
 couple of other tool stores, and no one's heard of anything like it. I've
 got a few for my bicycle, but I'm sure they're not nearly heavy enough for
 this job. >>
Don't want to buy the tool?? Want to improvise?  Here's what u do.  Take your
1/2 inch socket wrench, put the handle part between the tensioner and the
motormount, pull upwards on the socket wrench, and use another wrench to
tighten the bolt. This will put tension on the belt. There ya go.... now spend
that xtra $ on a bottle of armor all or something. That's what I've been doing
for years with NO problems.  HTH
Dan May
8716VScirocco  95.5Tacoma4x4
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87