Re: Corrado Brakes -- Physics Question: Are they pointless?

Okay, this is just semantics here, but to set the record straight: I AM RIGHT.
:) heh

Here's a definition of adverse: "acting against one's interests,
unfavorable, harmful"

it doesn't say greatly affecting for the worse or anything like that.

you guys have been out of school for too long :)

At 10:49 PM 2/6/99 -0700, you wrote:

>>are joking?! How can adding more unsprung mass EVER not adversly affect the
>>suspention, or more rotational inertia ever NOT hurt acceleration?? (def.
>>of Adversely: unfavorably)
>

>Man, how can you call an extra pound in spinning weight an adverse effect,
>maybe a minimal effect.  Maybe if our cars had like 50hp you'd see a tiny

By the definition, this minimal effect IS adverse!!! I didn't say you'd be
able to feel it.

>difference, but not on the kind of power our cars put out.  I'll give you i
>dunno, a big pat on the back if you mount a set of 10.1s and then a set of
>11's and get a meaningful difference in 0-60 times.  Things may look good in
>theory, but won't affect your but when driving.
>
>I love threads that go out of control, happy to contribute to the madness :)
>

>Owen
>87 Scirocco 16v #38 C-SS.
>http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/1571

Kevin Fry -- computer nerd!