[tech] Difference Between Heads, GTI vs Stock

     I was wondering if there is any difference between the heads
off a stock 8V and a GTI 8V.  Are the intake or exhaust valves
bigger?  I think its off an 83 GTI.  I know it should bolt right up
to my block.  I was going to take mine off and replace any worn
parts (seals, gaskets, etc....) but I could do it at my leasure with
a spare head at home.  That way if I get the wrong parts, or do
something wrong I'm not stuck without a ride for two weeks.  And
getting a GTI head cheap would be good to do it with, especially if
there are some preformance advantages.

Sean.
87 8V