Re: top speed

On Fri, 5 Feb 1999 20:09:06 EST A1SCIROCCO@aol.com writes:

>I have a Ram Air brand filter as stated above.  The Ram Air setup i am
talking
>about is a 4'' pipe that runs from under the spoiler to the Inlet where
the
>hot air intake pipe from the exhaust manifold and the cold air intake
from the
>bumper to the air box used to be. Am i wrong is this not a Ramair set-up
after
>all. I was always under the assumption it was.
>Matt
>84 8v

It very well could be. Is it sealed from the inlet tube to the airbox? If
so then it would be a ram air system.

I was just trying to clarify what it is you had was all. I wasn't out to
call you a lair or anything, just wanted clarity.

I was under the impression that you had done the popular mod of "swiss
cheezing" or in my case, completely removed everything below the air
filter . (Except for the little nipples that hold the fuel distributor in
place ect.)

I have the stock tube in place and like Ryans mod, I lowered the bottom
90 degree elbow into the airstream and attached an air scoop. Its not a
working ram air setup with the open airbox that I have on it (now) for
the winter months so it only blows air onto the filter. In the summer
months I install a stock airbox and depending on the temps, I have a
moderately opened airbox that I can use also.

So, anyway. Sounds like you have a true working ramair setup. Notice any
difference with it?

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and