EIP

I talked to someone about EIP that had some work done in his car.  EIP
messed up the car.  The guy left EIP and two days later the engine blow
up.  So there ant know way in hell i'm going to them.  Plus I found some
one that can put the turbo on for between 2,000-3,000 I going to help
everyday so it should take two or three weeks.  I'm not sure because I
don't know what has to be done to the engine.  I haven't installed one
before just drove them.  Does anyone have any suggestions about anything
I need to add to the Scirocco 16v with the upgrade?  Plus how much boost
can I run in the car, or to better say what the max before something
goes boom in my engine?  I don't want to blow the engine or the head
gasket with too much boost like my brother and his merkur XRTi turbo.
His car stayed in the shop for a month to replace the head gasket.  I
won't want that to happen to me.  I have a limit of 5,000 with the turbo
included of upgrade money and that's it.  That's all i'm putting on the
car for a long while so suggestions are open.