Re: Corrado Brakes..

At 11:28 am -0500 4/2/99, XXSpArCoXx@aol.com wrote:
>	Well your going to get diffrent answers from difrant people. . some
>say you
>need tons of brackets and what not to swap them and others have done it by

Yeah, there's a few ways to do it.  If you have access to Corrado hubs,
then do the conversion like Dale did and grab them too.  However, I have a
feeling that G60 hubs are not cheap, as a rule.

>the "hot" upgrade. . For the same and sometimes less money you can get
>willwoods from rpi in bc for rather cheap and move away from the stock type
>calipar up to a nice lightweight extremly strong 4 pot calipar. . but you'll
>have to still run the 15 inch or bigger rim . . . But everything comes with
>the willwood set up including the braided cables pads brackets  calipars and
>rotor . ..  something to consider if you want bigger stronger and I mean much
>stronger braking. . Boy do I mean stronger almost painfull  . . .

I thought Dustan wanted $800US for this conversion?  Yes, Wilwood calipers
are excellent pieces, but dont' forget that they need to be rebuilt every
couple of years.  The seals, etc. don't last very long... and the other
problem with the RPI kit is that the parts are essentially un-replaceable.
The parts in each kit are manufactured only to fit with the rest of the
parts in each kit; he's done it this way because the brackets etc aren't
CNC-machined.

The only reason I'm making a big deal of this is because a good friend of
mine has his own 11" conversion kit on the market now, and I feel like I
should plug him :).  His conversion kit is very simple (one bracket to
reposition the caliper), and will probably be considerably cheaper than the
competition.  Call 604-552-9707 and ask for Shawn van Neer...